The Multicultural Information center is currently advertising a position for a specialist in the field of immigrant and refugee affairs. We are expanding our team working with the coordinated reception of refugees in our Reykjavik office.
Primary tasks and responsibilities for this position include:
- Participation in the development of our coordinated reception of refugees program.
- Providing municipalities with guidance and counseling regarding the reception of refugees.
- Providing professional advice to social workers and other professionals in municipalities in preparing individual support plans for refugees.
- Partakin in interviews, preparation, and education regarding coordinated reception for refugees who come to Iceland.
- Needs analysis and assisting with pairing of municipalities and refugees participating in coordinated receptions.
- Manage and consult between all parties involved in the reception of refugees at various levels of government and society.
This is an important position that requires a person with a particular set of skills, experience, and education.
Following are the qualification requirements we are looking for:
- University-level education that is useful in this field of work. Education in the field of social sciences is a great advantage.
- Knowledge of immigration and refugee issues is desirable.
- Experience working with immigrants and refugees.
- Acceptable Icelandic and English skills. Additional language skills are a great advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ambition, organizational skills, consideration, and independence in working methods.
- Experience in teamwork is a prerequisite.
- Experience and knowledge of governance and administration are desirable.
The Multicultural Information Centre utilizes fair hiring practices that are, merit-based and non-discriminatory. Interested and qualified individuals are encouraged to apply for the job regardless of age, race, gender, religion, marital status and family responsibilities, or disability. If you would like to apply accompanying your application must be a copy of all university level degrees or diplomas, a detailed curriculum vitae, and an introductory letter explaining the reason for your application and how you meet the qualification requirements.
Any interested and qualified persons can apply here online: The application format is in Icelandic only.
Further enquiries can be directed to Nichole Liegh Mosty, Director of the Multicultural Information Centre at email@example.com