Can you join our reserve squad?
Reserve Squad for the Reception of Refugees from Ukraine
The Ministry of Social Affairs and Labour and the Multicultural Information Centre (MCC) are currently looking for Ukrainian- and / or Russian-speaking people, to work as a temporary support unit for individuals fleeing the war in Ukraine.
Assistance is requested of people who are educated in the fields of healthcare, social, or educational sciences as well as skilled labour. The Reserve Squad will cover a variety of jobs for both the state and municipalities.
An electronic registration form has been created, providing people with the opportunity to register. These positions can be part-time, hourly work, or full-time, depending on what suits you. Salaries will be paid by the relevant institution or municipality, in accordance with current wage agreements or institutional agreements, as applicable.
The Reserve Squad will carry out a variety of services for people fleeing Ukraine. Examples of work could be interpretation in interviews, counselling, teaching or assistance in the field of healthcare.
Further information on recruitment arrangements:
- Time Frame: We are looking for people who can commit for up to two months.
- Wages: Wages are based on the wage agreements of the relevant trade union and the municipality or institution in question at any given time.
- Rights of those who are hired: Vacation rights will be paid immediately. Employees’ sick leave entitlements for part-time work or less than two months are in accordance with the provisions of the relevant wage agreements.
- How recruitment will be handled: The institutions that wish to hire staff from the Reserve Squad will receive information regarding registered reinforcements from MCC. Institutions will themselves contact the registered Reserve Squad participant and the employment agreement will be between the individual and the relevant institution.
- Municipalities wishing to hire staff through the Reserve Squad can obtain information regarding reinforcements from the Association of Icelandic Municipalities.
Attention: It is necessary that those who register have a valid residence and work permit.
For further information about this process, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information registered in the recruitment process will be stored in a database hosted by the MCC and will be used solely for the purpose of calling people for temporary work due to the arrival of people fleeing from Ukraine. The information in the database will be used by MCC, Ministry of Social Affairs and Labour which will, when appropriate, disseminate registration information to government institutions and The Associaation of Icealndic Municipalities, in order for them to contact the person in question. Registration in the database is based on the applicant’s consent, but consent can be withdrawn at any time.
Municipalities wishing to hire staff through the Reserve Squad can obtain information regarding reinforcements from the Association of Icelandic Municipalities.
The database is considered the property and responsibility of the Multicultural Information Centre, Árnagata 2-4, 400 Ísafjörður, which will provide information about those who apply to municipalities and institutions as appropriate and in accordance with the jobs that people offer themselves.
Further information on the processing of personal data can be found in the privacy policies of the following institutions, such as the retention period and the rights of individuals: