Study in Iceland
If you intend to stay in Iceland longer than three months and you are a citizen of a country that is not an EEA/EFTA member state, you need a residence permit. The Directorate of Immigrants issues the residence permit.
Student’s residence permits are granted to the following:
- Individuals intending to engage in full time studies at a University in Iceland.
- Post graduate students from foreign Universities collaborating with an Icelandic University.
- Exchange students from acknowledged exchange-student organizations.
- Students in technical studies and recognized workplace studies at higher-education level.
- Graduate looking for employment.
Requirements, further information on documents to be submitted and an application form can be found on the website of the Directorate of Immigrants.