Study in Iceland
If you intend to stay in Iceland longer than three months and you are a citizen of a country that is not an EEA/EFTA member state, you need a residence permit. You can read more about that here.
Student’s residence permits are granted to the following:
- Individuals intending to engage in full time studies at a University in Iceland.
- Post graduate students from foreign Universities collaborating with an Icelandic University.
- Exchange students from acknowledged exchange-student organizations.
- Students in technical studies and recognized workplace studies at higher-education level.
- Graduate looking for employment.
Requirements, further information on documents to be submitted and an application form can be found on the website of the Directorate of Immigrants.
Assessment of previous education
Going through the process of submitting your qualifications and educational degrees for recognition can improve your opportunities and your status in the labour market and lead to higher wages. Visit this part of our site to read about the assessment of previous education.