Family member in Iceland

If you intend to stay in Iceland longer than three months and you are a citizen of a country that is not an EEA/EFTA member state, you need a residence permit. You can read more about that here.


A residence permit based on family reunification is granted to the closest relative of a person residing in Iceland. The requirements and the rights of residence permits on grounds of family reunification can differ, depending on the kind of residence permit applied for.


Information about residence permits based on family reunification can be found here on the website of the Directorate of Immigrants.



Privacy Settings
We use cookies to enhance your experience while using our website. If you are using our Services via a browser you can restrict, block or remove cookies through your web browser settings. We also use content and scripts from third parties that may use tracking technologies. You can selectively provide your consent below to allow such third party embeds. For complete information about the cookies we use, data we collect and how we process them, please check our Privacy Policy