You might have the right to a residence permit based on work if all of the following requirements are met, as well as others
- You are older than 18 years,
- have found a job and are able to submit a signed employment contract,
- can proof that you are able to provide for yourself during your stay,
- you have a valid insurance with an insurance company licensed to operate in Iceland
- have not served a criminal sentence abroad during he last five (5) years or been sentenced by a court of law for an offence which would be punishable by more than three (3) months imprisonment, according to Icelandic law, and
- have a passport valid at least 90 days beyond the estimated period of residence permit.
You may not
- begin working until a work permit has been granted,
- work for an employer other than the one on which the work permit is granted,
- stay in another country longer than three (3) months in every 12-month period of the residence permit period; otherwise the residence permit may be cancelled or revoked.