It is mandatory to take all motor vehicles for regular checks with inspection bodies.
- The sticker on your number plate indicates what year the next checks are due, and the last figure of the registration number indicates the month in which checks should be carried out. If the last figure is 0, the car should be inspected in October.
- Motorcycles should be inspected before 1 July.
- The inspection sticker on your number plate must not be removed, and the inspection certificate must always be inside the vehicle.
- If observations are made in relation to the inspected vehicle, the issues indicated need to be addressed and the car taken back for re-inspection.
- If vehicle tax or compulsory insurance for the car has not been paid, it will not be admitted for inspection.
- If the vehicle is not brought in for inspection at the correct time, the owner/custodian of the vehicle is sent a fine, known as an ‘omission fee’. The omission fee is charged two months after the time the vehicle was supposed to have been brought in for checks.