- Child benefit is paid to parents with children under the age of eighteen.
- A fixed amount is paid for each child under the age of seven irrespective of income. Otherwise, child benefit is income-linked and calculated on the basis of income from the year before as declared in the relevant tax returns.
- No application is needed for child benefit.
- The amount of child benefit depends on the parents’ income, their marital status and the number of children.
- Tax authorities calculate the level of child benefit that is based on tax returns.
- The State Financial Management disburses child benefit four times a year: 1 February, 1 May, 1 August and 1 November.
- Child benefit is not considered to be income and is not taxable.
Estimate your child benefit (RSK calculator)